Monday, March 11, 2013

French breakfast

Worldwide nutritional experts have agreed to say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And when I see how my son is hungry in the morning, I have to agree with them. But wherever you live, breakfast prepare you for the long day to come, it helps your concentration, your problem-solving skills and your eye-hand coordination.
But let's see what you find on a French traditional breakfast plate.


A French traditional breakfast starts with a hot drink: coffee (much stronger than the one you can find in US) or café au lait (coffee with milk), tea or hot chocolate. It is served with our traditional worldwide known TARTINES: sliced Baguettes with jam and/or butter. For me it's "and butter" and dipped in my coffee, yummy! 


During special days such as Sundays, families often eat freshly-baked croissants or pains au chocolat that are bought from local bakeries. The usual serving is 2 croissants per person. Croissants are often eaten plain, with jam, or dipped in coffee bowls. However if you want to be truly French NEVER eat a croissant with butter, because French people never do that.

















Croissant
                                                                                                                                                              Pain au chocolat


Talking about about all of this make me realize how much I miss going to my local bakery to buy my fresh baguettes or any other kind of bread every day. And as a "Parisienne" I miss getting my breakfast on the terrace of a café in Paris or just an expresso.



Which bread am I going to buy today?



No comments:

Post a Comment